365 Early Childhood Education
There are several opinions on what and when should be taught during the preschool age. Babies and children will mostly learn from their families, playing, inquiry, singing and simply by observing. At 365 Learning, we believe this is the age of tremendous growth and curiosity, so we have put together a sample guide and directory of resources that can be useful during these formative years.
365 Learn to read 101
- Leap Frog Letter factory (DVD)
- ABC song | ABC Songs for Children
- Melissa & Doug Classic Wooden Peg Puzzles (Set of 3) – Numbers, Alphabet, and Colors.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe 10-Piece Alphabet Nesting and Stacking Blocks
- Roscoe Learning Magnetic Letters and Numbers- 130 Foam ABC Magnets with Storage Container
- Eureka Tub Of Letter Tiles, 176 Tiles in 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ Tub
- http://www.carlscorner.us.com (free)
- Phonics for Kindergarten, Grade K (Home Workbook)
- The Learning Journey Match It! – 3 Letter Words – 20 Self-Correcting Reading & Spelling Puzzles with Matching Images
- ETA hand2mind Alphabet and Phonemic Awareness Linking Letter Cubes (Set of 82
- ETA hand2mind Reading Rods – Initial Consonant Letters and Word Families Linking Cubes
by ETA hand2 mind
- 100 Write-and-Learn Sight Word Practice Pages: Engaging Reproducible Activity Pages That Help Kids Recognize, Write, and Really LEARN the Top 100 High-Frequency Words That are Key to Reading Success.
- School Zone – Sight Words Flash Cards – Ages 5 and Up, Early Reading, Sight Reading, Sight Words, and More.
- Bob Books Sight Words: Kindergarten.
- Sight Word Readers Parent Pack: Learning the First 50 Sight Words Is a Snap! Paperback – June.
- Star-Right Sight Words Flash Cards, 169 Sight Words, and Sentences with 2 Ring.
- Pint-Size Scholars The Ready Readers
- Bundle: 500 Sight Words in 5 Packs of Flashcards from Pre K to Third Grade.
- Little Champion Reader 1,000 Sight Fry Dolch Word-List Flashcards in 10-Pack Bundle Set, Pre-K to 3rd Grade, Teaches 1,000 Dolch Fry High-Frequency Sight Words.
- First 100 Words
- First 100 Animals
- You Are My Sunshine
- Bright Baby colors, abc, & numbers first words (First 100)
- Baby Touch and Feel: Animals
- Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
- Giraffes Can’t Dance
- The Pout-Pout Fish
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See
- ABC’s for Boys
- Where Is Baby’s Belly Button? A Lift-the-Flap Book
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest
- Your Baby’s First Word Will Be DAD
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC (Beginner Books, I Can Read It All By Myself)
- Bob Books series
- Pete the Cat Phonics Box: Includes 12 Mini-Books Featuring Short and Long Vowel Sounds (My First I Can Read)
- First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level A: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers.
- You Read to Me, I’ll Read to You: Very Short Fairy Tales to Read Together
- Guided Science Readers Parent Pack: Level C: 16 Fun Nonfiction Books That Are Just Right for New Readers Paperback
- More Mudpies to Magnets: Science for Young Children
- LOT 60 Books Leveled Easy Readers Beginning Reading Preschool Kindergarten
- The Reading Kingdom teaches children 4-10 years old how to read and write to a third-grade level. Before teaching your child to read, the program evaluates each child and places him or her at the appropriate level in the program. This means that the program works for almost all children in this age range including early readers, accelerated readers and struggling readers. Because the Reading Kingdom customizes itself to each child, it’s the ideal program for teaching children at all levels how to read and write to the third grade.
- Tumble Book Library
- Reading a-z
- KinderTownKinderTown includes only apps that have substantial educational value, as determined by an objective review process conducted by childhood educators and backed up by parents and kids. Focusing on kids ages 3–8, KinderTown allows parents to search by subject, recommended age, price, and device. By reading the KinderTown Review featured with every featured app, parents are able to select apps that target their student’s individual learning style and unique needs.
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
- Incredible Handwriting Worksheet
- Lots and Lots of Letter Tracing Practice!
- Handwriting without tears
- Handwriting: Printing Workbook (Brighter Child: Grades K-2)
- ITRACE (app)
- Letter school (app)
- Preschool motor skills (app)
- Trace it Try it (app)
- Dexteria Jr. (app)
- SCHOOL ZONE – Preschool Cut & Paste Workbook, Preschool and Kindergarten, Ages 3 through 5, Fine Motor Skills, Hand-Eye Coordination Paper
- Melissa & Doug Scissor Skills Activity Book With Pair of Child-Safe Scissors (20 Page
- Melissa & Doug Lace and Trace Activity Set: 5 Wooden Panels and 5 Matching Laces
- The Ultimate Maze Book (Dover Children’s Activity Books)
- My First Book Of Mazes
- My First Book Of Cutting (Kumon Workbooks)
- My First Big Book of Coloring
- Toddler Coloring Book. Numbers Colors Shapes: Baby Activity Book for Kids Age 1-3, Boys or Girls, for Their Fun Early Learning of First Easy Words …
- Crayola My First Palm Grip Crayons,
- Coloring for Toddlers, 6ct
- ALEX Discover My First Scribble
- Crayola Mess Free Coloring Board, My
- First Double Doodle Board.
- Educational Insights Playfoam Combo 8-Pack: Never Dries Out!
- Kinetic Sand The One and Only, 3lbs Beach Sand for Ages 3 and Up
- Play-Doh Modeling Compound.
- National Geographic Play Sand – 2 LBS of Sand with Castle Molds and Tray (Blue) – A Kinetic Sensory Activity.
- ABCmouse (online)
ABCmouse.com’s reading curriculum spans the entire range of early reading, from learning the names of each letter and the sounds they represent to being able to read books, starting with a few words on a page and gradually advancing to paragraphs.LEAPFROG
LeapFrog Academy provides a well-rounded curriculum featuring fun learning
games, activities, videos, and eBooks that blend traditional school subjects
with creativity, problem-solving and social-emotional skills.
ALL ABOUT LEARNING PRESS
- Our goal is to take the struggle out of reading and spelling—for you and your student. Our comprehensive programs, All About Reading and All About Spelling, are easy to teach and easy to learn.
- Enchanted Learning
Enchanted Learning produces children’s educational websites which are designed to capture the imagination while maximizing creativity, learning, and enjoyment.
We Care: A Preschool Curriculum for Children Ages 2-5 (A Good Year Book) Paperback
- Abcya (free)
ABCya is the leader in free educational computer games and mobile apps for kids. The innovation of a grade school teacher, ABCya is an award-winning destination for elementary students that offers hundreds of fun, engaging learning activities.
- Brightly Beaming Resources/Letter of the Week (free)
- Five in a Row
- Learn Colors, Numbers, Alphabets
- Learn Shapes
- Dr. Seuss Kindergarten
- Buildin Thinking Skills
- Visual Perception Skills BuildingMind Benders
Our products are fun and engaging, but unlike many products on the market, our products develop academic skills and critical thinking to help your child succeed in school and life. We engineer critical thinking into our reading and mathematics material to teach them to solve problems through organized analysis—instead of guesswork. We encourage discussion to stimulate verbal development as children communicate their reasoning and solutionsYour Baby Can Read
Little Champion Reader Early Reading Program for Baby, Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten- Alphabet, Vowel Phonics & 200+ Sight Words 9 DVD, Flash card, Book Kit.
- National Association for Education of Young Children. NAEYC
NAEYC maintains a list of programs that are currently accredited to assist individuals in finding NAEYC-accredited programs in their area. This list is updated with new accreditation decisions every Friday
- Association for Early Learning Leaders
- Texas Health and Human Services
- Collaborative for Children
Collaborative for Children’s child care resource service is a FREE online database of child care providers in 13 counties of the Greater Houston area.
- Great School
- Children at Risk
Through its research and advocacy programs, CHILDREN AT RISK is a well-known leader in understanding the health, safety and economic indicators impacting children, and educating public policy makers about their importance in improving the lives of children.